The Ilocandias is a part and parcel of me. When I think of it, I think of my grandma, Lola Feliza. She took time to tell me stories about her life in Ilocos when she was young girl. She told me about the ghosts she encountered too. HAHA. It was so typical of Lola to tell her young grand daughter about the headless priest she once encountered on her way home.
So yeah, I’ve been to this place quite a number of times. To keep Lola company was one of the major reasons we frequented the place. Now, we do it to keep her memory alive. And what better way to keep her memory alive than to write about the place she loved so much and share it with you guys.
So without further ado, here are the 10 things to do in Ilocos Norte.
- Visit the Kapurpurawan Rock Formations
- Experience the Bangui Wind Mills
- Take a history tour of the Malacanang of the North in Paoay
4.Visit the Paoay Church
5. Swim in RiverMount’s infinity pool in Sarat
6.Visit the Cape Bojeador Lighthouse
7. Take a selfie at the Patapat Bridge
While you’re at it, visit the near by resort, Agua.
8. Ride a Kalesa In Vigan’s Calle Crisologo
9. Step into history at the Bell house in Vigan
10. Dine at the best restaurants in the area. Must try is their Longanisa and their Empanada 🙂
There is no need to visit fancy restaurants. Local street food would do the trick!